Prof. Amin Kashmeery
Academic Rank: Professor of Physiology Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah 1996.
Latest Positions Held:
Former Positions (academic and otherwise):
Assistant Professor of Physiology, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah, (1978 – 1984).
Deputy Dean, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah, (1982-1984)
Associate Professor of Physiology, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah, (1985 – 1990).
Professor of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine & Medical Sciences, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah (1996 early retirement).
Chairman, Organizing Committee Establishing Faculty of Medicine and Medical Sciences, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah (1984-1996 early retirement)
Head of Biomedical Ethics Programme, Oxford Academy for Advanced Studies, Oxford, UK (1997-2000)
Founding Director, Centre for Biomedical Ethics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital, Riyadh (2001-2004)
Founding Director, Centre for Islamic Biomedical Ethics Durham University (attempted), England, UK. (2005 – 2007)
Deputy Dean, Founding Taif Campus, Faculty of Education, Taif, Umm Al-Qura University (1981-1982)
Research Interests: 2T
Pathophysiology of Heatstroke T2
Islamic Perspective of Biomedical Ethics 2T
Current and Former Extra-Curricular Engagements: 2T
Editor-in-Chief, Oxford Research Forum Journal 2T(1999 – present).
Scientific Advisory Committee2T – (European Association of Centres of Medical Ethics) EACME (2010).
Makkah Medical University, Project Manager, Private Enterprise (2007 – present). T2
Invited UNESCO International Bioethics Committee membership (invited) T2(2010 – 2012).
Invited Al Amoudi Medical Ethics Chair Council membership (2009-2012). 2T
Invited Journal of Information, Communication & Ethics in Society invited editorial team membership (2007-present). T2
Invited Consulting Editorial board member – Bioethics UP-date, Interdisciplinary Center of Bioethics, Universidad Panamericana, Mexico (2014-present) T2
Selected Lectures & Conferences:
1. Guest Lecturer to 162 thP Annual Residents Day,“Ethics Propagation: Means and Methods”T2on T2 24thP December 2013 at KAMC-NGHA Riyadh, Saudi Arabia P
2. Invited Lecturer to 11 thP Hospital Ethics SeminarP ,“Scholarship in Medical Ethics: Teaching, 2TIntegration and Application: The KAIMRC BIOETHICS Experience”2T on 28 August 2013 at KAMC-NGHA Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3. Invited Lecturer to KFSH-RC 2T Research Ethics Course Diploma Programme, 11th March to May 2013, King Faisal Specialist Hospital, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4. Invited Lecturer to Symposium 2T “Research Misconduct” on 03-04 March 2013, organized King Fahd Hospital-Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5. Invited Speaker to the Symposium T2 “Ethics in The Era of Genetics: Navigation Tool Through The Maze of Science, Culture and Law”, 10 April 2012, organized by Centre for Genetics & Inherited Diseases College of Medicine, Taibah University, Medinah, Saudi Arabia
6. Participation in the UNESCO Organization Bioethics “17thP Session of International Bioethics P Committee and the joint session of IBC and IGBC” 25 – 29 October 2010, Paris France
7. Invited Speaker in the Workshop on “Ethics of Medical Genetics: Issues and Approach”, 15-
16 December 2009 organized by Department of Medical Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
8. Organized lecture “Expats Ethical Acquaintance Programme” KAMC-Jeddah National Guard Health Affairs) June 22, 2009
9. Participation in the IRB Educational Session 12thP of March 2008, Via Video-conference P facility (Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam & Al Ahsa): “IRB Educational Session; Preamble, Educational Material, IRB Procedure”.
10. Lecture “Media and Medicine Part 2”. 3rdP of March 2008. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. P
11. Lecture “Media and Medicine Part 1” 3rdP of February 2008. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. P
12. Lecture “The Paradigmatic Case Study of Human Gene Ownership in a Cross-Cultural Analysis of Islamic vs. Western Basic Ethical Principles” 16thP of September, 2007. Jeddah, P Saudi Arabia.
13. Invited speaker to “Bio-banking; Ethical Issues” 20thP of February 2008, Riyadh, Saudi P Arabia. “Bio-banking; Islamic Vs. Western Ethical Principles: How different?”
14. Invited speaker to “Basic Healthcare Ethics for Medical Residents & Healthcare Providers” 14thP of November 2007, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. P “Islamic Approach to Fatwas on Biomedical Issues; Where Do We Stand? And How Should We Proceed?
15. Invited Speaker in “Bioethics Course for Family Medicine Residents” 11thP P of November 2007. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. “Ifta’a Implications in End-of-life Issues”.
16. UNESCO Ethics Teacher Training Course,3rdP – 6thP of November 2007, Riyadh Saudi Arabia. P
Lecture1: “How to Teach Ethics?”
Lecture 2: “How to Teach Bioethics; Part Two: Educating Bioethics Committees”. Lecture 3: “Preparation and Use of Resources”
17. Invited speaker to the Colloquium on:
“Who Owns The Human Genes?” October 1stP 2003. King Abdulaziz City for Science & P Technology, National Committee for Biomedical Ethics. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. “Human Gene Ownership: Law & Sharia Standpoints”.
18. Invited speaker to the Symposium on: Recent Advances In Clinical Genetics And Mitochondrial Disorders. March 17-19, 2003. King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research
Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.”Ethical Dimensions Of Germ-Line Cell Gene Manipulation”
19. Invited speaker to the Conference on Child Health & 9th Conference of the Union of Arab Pediatric Societies; November 6-8, 2001. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
“Ethical Dimensions in Pediatric Organ Transplantation”.
20. Invited speaker to the 2nd International Colloquium on: “The Ethics of Research and Scholarship from Islamic and Western Perspectives: Past and Present”, 30-31 August 2001.
Oxford Academy for Advanced Studies, Oxford, UK. “Ethics and Meta-Ethics Of Cloning In Western And Islamic Societies”
21. Invited Plenary lecturer, “Heatstroke”, 16thP P Anniversary, International Symposium on Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine, Brussels, Free University, March 21-24, 1995.
22. Symposium on Technology and Development in Saudi Arabia, member of the Organizing Committee, Ministry of Planning, March,1984, Riyadh.
23. Invited lecturer, “Natural Sciences from Islamic Perspective”, International Conference on Basis of Islamic Education, 1980, Makkah, Saudi Arabia.
Published Work: T2
Over 30 research articles. T2
Introduction to Human Endocrinology: Structure and2T Function in Health and Ailment. Jeddah Press Centre – 1984.
Book Chapters2T :
1- Ash CJ and Kashmeery AMS (1995). Heatstroke: Marathons to Mecca. In Yearbook of 2T Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine (ed. JL Vincent), pp 971-81. Springer Verlag, New York.
2- AMS Kashmeery (1999). Pathophysiology of Heatstroke. In Oxford Textbook of Critical T2 Care (ed. AR Webb, MJ Shapiro, M Singer & PM Suter) pp 806-08. Oxford Medical Publications, Oxford University Press, Oxford, NY, Tokyo.
3- Ash CJ and Kashmeery AMS (1999). Management of Heatstroke. In Oxford Textbook of T2 Critical Care (ed. AR Webb, MJ Shapiro, M Singer & PM Suter) pp 808-11. Oxford Medical Publications, Oxford University Press, Oxford, NY, Tokyo.
4- Bernd C. Stahl, Amin Kashmeery & Simon Rogerson (2007)T2 T2 “Current and Future State of 2TICT Deployment and Utilization in Healthcare: An Analysis of Cross-Cultural Ethical Issues” In: Hongladarom, Soraj & Ess, Charles (eds.): Information Technology Ethics: Cultural Perspectives. Idea Group, Hershey, PA: 169 – 184.
5- Amin Kashmeery, (2020). “Corona Pandemic and Professional Ethics in Medical Conduct”, in H. Ghazi Editor, “Covid-19” (in press).
2TSelected Research Refereeing:
MHEP326, “Religious Attitudes towards Living Kidney Donation among Dutch Renal T2Patients”. 2T Medicine, Health Care and PhilosophyT2 . Springer
Journal of Family and Community Medicine2T http://www.jfcmonline.com “Why Neonates Were Signed Against Medical Advice From NICU? 10 Years University Hospital Experience” peer review for publication Oxford
Postgraduate and Thesis Work Supervision:
– الاستنساخ الأبعاد الشرعية والأخلاقية
محمد بن دغيليب العتيبي ماجستير أكاديمية نايف للعلوم الأمنية 5002 م – – –
“Ethics of Veracity in Health Care: A phenomnological study of the Omani physicians’ lived T2 experience with truth disclosure to cancer patients”, by Dr. Ahmed Said Abdulatif Bait Amer, MA Degree, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Riyadh, February 2010.
“ETHICAL SOLICITUDE IN MEDICAL GENETICS AS PERCEIVED FROM GENETIC COUNSELOR’S PERSPECTIVE IN THE TRIBAL-BASED COMMUNITY OF SAUDI ARABIA” MA Degree, KSbAU for Health Sciences, Dec. 2014. AlyaQari,MS,SeniorGeneticCounsellor DepartmentofMedicalGenetics KingFaisalSpecialistHospital&ResearchCenter Senior Lecturer, Genetic Counselling Program, AL-Faisal University
الأبعاد الأخلاقية في الإعلان التجاري وأثر ذلك في المجتمع الطبي والقيم الثقافية للمملكة العربية السعودية
عبد الله القحطاني ماجستير جامعة الملك سعود بن عبد العزيز للعلوم الصحية 5002 م – – –